Mardi Himal Trek
- Country: Nepal
- Trip grade: Easy
- Destination: Annapurna
- Activities: Trekking
- Accommodation: Guest House
- Meals: Full Board on Trek
- Maximum altitude: 4200M
- Group size: 1-10 Pax
- Best Season: All
- Spectacular views of Annapurna Himalayan range from Mardi Himal Low Camp / High Camp.
- Green forest walking with distant views of valleys.
- Typical ethnic villages along the way.
Mardi Himal trek offer imaging view of Annapurna, Dhaulagiri, Machhapuchre and Manaslu ranges. Mardi Himal base camp, Jhinu Hot Spring and Ghandruk village is the major attraction of this trek. Mardi Himal Trek is a newly opened route and hidden treasure in the Annapurna region. This trek is best destination to avoid the crowd.
Mardi Himal Trek is about a week long trip in the Himalayas with stunning views of snowy peaks through small Nepali villages. It is an interesting trek compared to other popular treks in the Annapurna region. The trek in Mardi Himal consist of short ascend or descend every day. The Tea houses on Mardi Himal Trek are basic and offers only the essential items to trekkers. Though the trek lacks number of services, it is one of the best shorts treks away from the crowd and commercial trekking routes.Mardi Himal Trek is hided trekking route among most visitors coming to Nepal every year thus only small number of trekkers make their way to Mardi Himal Base Camp each year.
Mardi Himal Base Camp is situated under the glorious Machhapuchhre AKA Fishtail peak. The trail also includes several hours walking inside rhododendron forests that looks tremendous during March - April. The views along the route are impressive; includes Annapurna South, Machhapuchhre, Mardi Himal and Hiunchuli. More than that, upper view point offers spectacular close views of the whole Annapurnas. The route is pretty quite during the whole year comparing to popular routes of Annapurna region. Mardi Himal Trekking is a classic trekking route to give you taste of unspoiled culture and villages.
Day 01: Arrive in Kathmandu transfer to the Hotel.
While your arrival in Kathmandu, you will be welcomed by our staff at the airport, then will be transferred to the selected hotel in Kathmandu briefing with guide about trip and overnight stay.
Day 02: Drive to Pokhara (8,20m), overnight at Hotel.
Morning 6:15 Guide will pick up you from the hotel then 15 minute walk to the tourist bus station, morning 07:00 bus will departure from Kathmandu on the way you can see the landscape with Trishuli river around 6/7 hour drive reach in pokhara city overnight at hotel.
Day 03: Drive to Kande, trek to Forest Camp (2,540M / 7-8 Hours).
We start our drive to Kande is on the top of a hill near Pokhara offers some views of Himalayas. From here we will start our trek approaching Pothana first and the trail is enjoyable throughout the villages. We will have some views of villages in the horizon. Continuing further will take us to Pitam Deurali, our lunch stop. After Lunch the trail is mostly inside the green forests of oak, maple, hemlock and rhododendron. The section includes some up and down and takes about 3-4 hours to reach Forest Camp, a small village with few guest houses. Forest camp.
Day 04: Trek to Low Camp (3,170m / 2 -3 hrs).
The trail is initially quite steep leaving Forest Camp but soon gets less steep as you again get upon the ridge. From Forest Camp to Low Camp is only a short day trekking through more jungle with occasional glimpses of Annapurna South before getting into Low Camp after around 2/3 hours.
Day 05: Trek to High Camp ( 3,620m / 2 -3 hrs).
We have another pleasant walking here with stunning views of close Himalayas in front of us.The trail continues through grasslands of high region with occasional rhododendron trees. Spotting the beautiful bird called Himalayan Monal,also known as the impeyan monal, impeyan pheasant and danphe in Nepali.This is a colorful Himalayan bird represented as the national bird of Nepal. Finally, we will arrive to High Camp to spend a night here.
Day 06: Hike up to Uper view point 4,200 m & trek to high camp ( 3,620m / 5-6 hrs).
We will wake up early in the morning before the sun rises. The plan is to watch sunrise over the Himalayas. We will then return back to lodge where we will be served with our breakfast. We have time to rest before we start hiking up to the upper view point for magnificent views of close Himalayan peaks. The trail heading to Upper View Point is well marked through the grassland involves few steep sections.In summer season this area is full of yaks and sheep along with several yak herder's huts
Day 07: Trek to Landruk village (1,560M / 6.5 Hours).
We take a separate route to Landruk village. This is huge village that is on the way to Annapurna Base Camp. Descending further will again bring us back inside the forest where the trail is so peaceful and quiet. Turning one and another circles we will then reach Landruk village for overnight stay.
Day 08: Trek to Nayapul (1,070M), drive to Pokhara (6 Hours / 1 Hour Drive).
We descend down to Modi River before we start walking on the next side. The trail is pretty flat all the way to Nayapul with small and short gradual up and down. We will be walking on the right of Modi Khola until we reach Birenthanti, where Modi Khola meets Bhurundi Khola coming from another side. Here we will cross the river once again making the Modi Khola on our right. In about 30 minutes from Birenthanti we will reach Nayapul from where we will take our transportation and drive back to Pokhara.
Day 09: Drive back to Kathmandu, overnight at Hotel.
Morning a scenic drive to back Kathmandu with grand memories of this fantastic and exciting time on Annapurna Base Camp & Poon Hill trekking, an interesting six hour brings you back in Kathmandu with afternoon free at leisure for shopping souvenirs.
Day 10: Transfer to the airport for international flight.
Today our airport representative will come to meet you at the hotel to escort you to Kathmandu International Airport for your final departure.
What is included?
- Accommodation in three star category hotel as per the itinerary in the cities with complimentary breakfast.
- Three meals a day (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner) whilst on trekking.
- Cozy guesthouse accommodation whilst on trekking as per the itinerary.
- All necessary government and local permits,ACAP entry fees.
- TIMS registration card.
- An experienced fluent English speaking guide, licensed by ministry of Culture, Tourism & Civil Aviation.
- Guide food, accommodation, clothing, salary & insurance.
- Kathmandu - Pokhara - Kathmandu transportation by tourist bus (optional flight).
- Pokhara -Kande, Nayapul - Pokhara transportation by private vehicle.
- Airport transfers during the whole trip as per the itinerary.
- Down jacket, four seasonal sleeping bag, duffel bag and trekking map (down jacket and sleeping bag are to be returned after trip completion).
- Comprehensive first aid medical kit carried by the guide.
- Farewell dinner in Kathmandu at typical Nepali restaurant.
What is not included?
- International Airfare, visa fees and re-entry visa fees if applicable.
- Meals at Kathmandu and any other cities except mentioned.
- Experienced and equipped trekking porter/s (one porter carry for 2 guest's luggage,up-to 25 kgs).
- Personal nature expenses like bar bills, beverage bills, telephone bills, laundry etc.
- Your Travel Insurance and rescue evacuation, medical costs.
- Services not mentioned in ' The Price Includes' section ( Please ask us if you are confused about any services )
- Gratitude (tip) for staffs.
Note: The Conditions stated in mentioned itinerary are applicable only for those visitors who choose the complete package. At the same time we also serve you based on your choice. The selection of itineraries are depends on your choice and financial procurement. We provide options on service and itinerary as per your requirements.