Annapurna Base Camp Trekking
- Country: Nepal
- Trip grade: Moderate
- Destination: Annapurna
- Activities: Trekking
- Accommodation: Guest House
- Meals: Full Board on Trek
- Maximum altitude: 4120m
- Group size: 1-10 Pax
- Best Season: Spring/Autumn
Know about culture, traditions, & typical living practices of Gurung people in Ghandruk
Follow the rout of Modi Khola and walking through the forests with flora and fauna
view of Annapurna, Hiunchuli, and Machhapucchre Himal
Exploring the two base camps of Annapurna and Machhapucchre.
Hot water pool at Jhinu Danda after returning from the base camp
Annapurna base came trek is One of the ideal trekking destinationslies at an elevation of 4130m. And it is located in the North-central region of Nepal. The major fascinations of Annapurna Base Camp are spectacular sunrise and Mountain View from Ghorepani, Poon hill
Going around distinctive Gurung village and glimpse on the culture and lifestyle in Ghandruk; natural hot water spring in Jhinudanda; and incredible peak and glacier view from Annapurna Base Camp which will stuck in your memories forever once you witness it.The track begins from plain villages and rice terraces into the Annapurna Himalayan range. As you steadily ascend up, the mountains of Himchuli and Annapurna south come into view from the back of the foothills. Meadows and cultivated fields will now take you to the beautiful forests of bamboo, oak, and rhododendron. The path finally comes across moraines and takes us to Annapurna Sanctuary from where you will witness marvelously beautiful and unbelievable encircling views of the Annapurna peak ranges.
Nepal Holiday Trek and Expedition arranges Annapurna Sanctuary trek to let you view wonderful panorama of stunning mountains- Mt.Fish tail (6993m.), Annapurna I (8091m.), Baraha Shikhar, Annapurna II, Himchuli, Annapurna South, Singu Chuli, Tent Peak and many more. Also, apart from this, you will see beautiful valleys and meet different ethnic people living there such as Gurung, Magar, Brahman, Chhetri and their friendly nature which will make your trek unforgettable one.
Day 01 : Arrival at Kathmandu , transfer to hotel.
Day 02: Drive to Pokhara (8,20m), overnight at Hotel.
Morning 6:15 Guide will pick up you from the hotel then 15 minute walk to the tourist bus station, morning 07:00 bus will departure from Kathmandu on the way you can see the landscape with Trishuli river around 6/7 hour drive reach in pokhara city overnight at hotel.
Day 03:Pokhara to Banthanti drive by Private Jeep and Trek to Ghorepani (2856m), overnight at guest house.
Morning starting with Jeep drive to Banthanti . From here walk leads to a slow climb into pristine and cool rhododendron, pine forest area to reach Ghorepani village located on a high ridge within beautiful rhododendron trees.
Day 04: Hike to Poon Hill (3210m) early morning, trek to Tadapani (2590m) and overnight at guest house.
Early morning before sunrise hike to Poon Hill view point for stunning views of sunrise over range of mountains from world 7th highest Dhaulagiri-10th highest Annapurna with range of peaks includes world 8th highest Manaslu with towering Machhapuchhre peak “Fish Tail”. After an exciting and marvelous time with memorable views from Poon Hill, return to Ghorepani and continue climb into green forest of rhododendron for an hour to Deurali top and then descend into a gorge through cool forest to Tadapani for overnight stop.
Day 05: Trek to Sinuwa (2,340m), overnight at guest.
After breakfast at tadapani , the trek will start at 7:30 , for this day around 5/ 6 hour walk and overnight at Sinuwa.
Day 06: Trek to Deurali (3,230m), overnight at guest house.
Start with a easy walk to through the forest, you are towards Bamboo and continue climb up to Dovan. Then the trail leads you through the valley towards Himalaya where you may stop for the lunch and continue walk climb to Deurali.
Day 07: Trek to Annapurna Base Camp (4,130m) explore around the base camp & overnight at guest house.
Pass through beautiful high alpine forests along with beautiful Himalayan views of snowy peaks. Walking uphill for some hours we will reach Machhapuchhre Base Camp,a place surrounded by peaks in 360 degrees. The place offers views of several Himalayan peaks. The trek here becomes challenging both because of uphill walk and high altitude. Climbing further from Machhapuchhre Base Camp we may head towards Annapurna Base Camp where you will be surrounded by snow-capped white peaks from every side. It's the place with few lodges and magical /outstanding views overnight at Guesthouse.
Day 08 Sun rise view from base camp and trek back to Bamboo (2,340m), overnight at guest house.
Enjoy our last morning in the high Himalayas before we follow the same route to reach Bamboo.You can enjoy taking pictures and watching sunrise over the Himalayas before getting the breakfast. From here we will descend down via Machhapuchhre Base Camp, Deurali, Himalaya Hotel and Dovan to reach Bamboo forovernight stay.
Day 09: Trek to Jhinu (1,780m) overnight at guest house.
The trail from Bamboo to Jhinu is same as we followed on earlier days. From Bamboo we will start the walk after short climbing before we reach Khudi Ghar. From Khudi Ghar the trail slowly drops down to Sinuwa, Chhomrong village we will have to do a sharp descend down to Jhinu. Here if time permits then you can enjoy natural hot spring bath Overnight at guesthouse.
Day 10: Trek to Nayapul (1100m), drive back to pokhara (820m), overnight at hotel.
With enjoyable and refreshing time at Jhinu with natural hot spring leaving the high hills for warmer areas, changing our new direction from here onward on an alternative route to reach Pokhara, a short downhill walk brings a another Nayapul (New Bridge), from here back to a small village at Siwai/kyumi for the drive back to Pokhara after completing a wonderful and fabulous time up in the high mountains.
Day 11: Drive back to Kathmandu, overnight at your own Hotel.
Morning a scenic drive to back Kathmandu with grand memories of this fantastic and exciting time on Annapurna Base Camp & Poon Hill trekking, an interesting six hour brings you back in Kathmandu with afternoon free at leisure for shopping souvenirs.
Day 12 : Departure on your own destination.
What is included?
- Hotel Accommodation in Kathmandu and Pokhara with complimentary breakfast.
- Three meals a day (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner) whilst on trekking.
- Cozy guesthouse accommodation whilst on trekking as per the itinerary.
- All necessary government and local permits, ACAP entry fees.
- Trekkers Information Management System registration card.
- An experienced fluent English speaking guide, licensed by ministry of Culture, Tourism & Civil Aviation.
- Guide food, accommodation, clothing, salary & insurance.
- Experienced and equipped trekking porter (one porter carry for 2 guest's luggage,up-to 25 kgs)
- Kathmandu - Pokhara - Kathmandu transportation by tourist bus (optional flight).
- Pokhara - Banthanti and Nayapul - Pokhara transportation by private Jeep.
- Down jacket, four seasonal sleeping bag, duffel bag and trekking map (down jacket and sleeping bag are to be returned after trip completion).
- Airport transfers during the whole trip as per the itinerary.
- Comprehensive first aid medical kit carried by the guide.
- Farewell dinner in Kathmandu at typical Nepali restaurant with Company Manager.
What is not included?
- International Airfare, visa fees and re-entry visa fees if applicable
- Meals at Kathmandu and Pokhara except mentioned.
- Personal nature expenses like bar bills, beverage bills, telephone bills, laundry etc.
- Your Travel Insurance and rescue evacuation, medical costs.
- Kathmandu-Pokhara- Kathmandu domestic air ticket Optional per person US$ 240, if required.
- Services not mentioned in ' The Price Includes' section ( Please ask us if you are confused about any services )
- Gratitude (tip) for staff.
Note: The Conditions stated in mentioned itinerary are applicable only for those visitors who choose the complete package. At the same time we also serve you based on your choice. The selection of itineraries and the staff depends on your choice and financial procurement. We provide options on service and itinerary as per your requirements and interest.