Potala palace- Lhasa, Tibet When Tibet opened for travelers in 1985 at first time, the Ganden, Samye trail was the most popular trekking route crossing 2 mountain passes, beautiful alpine lakes and nomads. This trek begins from the Ganden Monastery (4180m.), 32 kms by road from Lhasa high above the Kyichu River and ends at the Samye Monastery. The main temple Utse at Samye represents Mot. Meru, centre of the Universe. Nepal Holiday Trek & Expedition designed this trek for those people who would like to explore the Tibet.
Day 01: Arrival in KTM airport, meet our staff then transfers to Hotel.
Day 02: kathmandu Valley sightseeing on Option.
Day 03: Fly Kathmandu to Lhasa: Upon arrival at Gonggar airport, you shall be met and transfer provided to Lhasa City. O/nt at Hotel.
Day 04–05: Lhasa Sightseeing Tour: Visit Potala, Norbulingka Palace, Jokhang Temple, Drepung, Sera Monastery & Barkhor Bazaar. O/N at Hotel.
Day 06: Drive to Ganden: Drive to Ganden Monastery. Trek to Hebu. Camp.
Day 07: Ganden – Zhukar: Trek over Zhukar La Pass (5200m). Camp.
Day 08: Zhukar – Chetur: Cross Chetur La pass through alpine Lakes. Camp.
Day 09: Chetur–Yomalung: Trek to Yomalung meditation cave en-route, Camp.
Day 10: Yomalung – Samye Valley: Trek to the Samye Valley. Visit the Samye Monastery. Camp.
Day 11: Samye Valley – Brahmaputra: Cross the Brahmaputra River & drive to Tsetang to explore The Yambhulhakhang, Tibet's first castle and Cha-Duk Monastery. O/N at Hotel Tsetang.
Day 12: Brahmaputra – Gyantse: Drive to Gyantse enroute visiting Yamdrok - Tso Lake. O/N at Hotel Gyantse.
Day 13: Gyantse – Shigatse: Drive to Shigatse. O/N at Hotel Shigatse.
Day 14: Shigatse – Tingri: Drive to Tingri visiting Shakya Monastery en-route. O/N at Sakya Guesthouse.
Day 15: Tingri – Nyalam: Drive to Nyalam. O/N at Hotel Snow Lion.
Day 16: Zhangmu – Kathmandu: Drive downhill to Zhangmu & proceed further to the friendship bridge where transportation awaits for the group's journey to Kathmandu.
Day 17: Free day at Kathmandu.
Day 18:Transfer to airport for onward journey.
Note: The Conditions stated in mentioned itinerary are applicable only for those visitors who choose the complete package. At the same time we also serve you based on your choice. The selection of itineraries and the staff depends on your choice and financial procurement. We provide options on service and itinerary as per your requirements and interest.
Trip length: 18 Days
Grade: Gentle plus Moderate
Starts in: Kathmandu – Lhasa
Ends in: Zhangmu – Kathmandu
Group size: Minimum 2
Accommodation: Guest house and camping
Transportation: 4WD Land cruiser with support truck
Maximum altitude: 5200m.
The price includes
- All land transportation by Car, Land Cruiser, Van, Hiace mini Bus (Airport/Hotel/Airport & expedition pick up & drop).
- 4 Night’s Hotel accommodation in Kathmandu at Bed and breakfast basis.
- Fully catered camping trek supported by Nepalese (Sherpa) crew & English speaking Chinese or, Tibetan guide while on tour & trekking except Lhasa, Gyantse, Shigatse and Shegar.
- Required Yak & Yak drivers during trek.
- All transportation in Tibet by 4 WD Land Cruiser and support truck for the entire trip.
- Private transportation from Tibet border (Kodari – Zhangmu) – Kathmandu.
- Tibet visa, travel permit and all applicable taxes and entrance fees.
- Air Ticket Kathmandu-Lhasa.
- Basic first aid Medical Kit Box for Nepali support crews and member.
- All official taxes and service charge.
The price does not include
- Personal transportation except above programs.
- Major meals lunch and dinner during your stay in Kathmandu-Nepal & Tibet at Lhasa.
- Personal clothing, tour and trekking equipments as well as sleeping bags. (required)
- Personal Nature expenses. (Extra expenses incurred due to unforeseen circumstances such as sickness, accidents, road blockage, and other occurrences beyond our control.)
- Emergency evacuation (If incase).
- Drinks except tea and coffee.
- Airfare: to & from your country.