Upper Dolpo trekking region lies at the edge of Tibetan Plateau in the rain shadow area formed by greater walls of the Himlayan range in Dolpa district of Nepal. Upper Dolpo trek crosses relatively three high passes , the trail is good and without any glacier walk. This trek is unique and extremely facinating. Dolpo people have a Tibetan way of lifestyle. Trekking to upper Dolpa offers an opportunity to meet the people and their lifestyle in a very authentic form, almost untouched and unexplored. There is a chance to see ancient unique Monastey (Gompas) like Shey Gompa (The Crystal Monastery) which offers an important pilgrimage for the many Tibetans and isolated villages, rich wildlife, reliable Buddhist monastery and wonderful lakes.The anti-clockwise trek starts from Juphal and follows the valley of Barbung Khola through Dunai and Tarakot. The trail now heads towards the north to the Tarap valley. The two days trek up the Tarap valley to Dho Tarap is relatively difficult as you come across 4000 meters. From Dho Tarap, two highest are traversed to reach Ringmo and Phoksundo lake. From Ringmo it takes another two or three days to retract the trail back to Juphal passing through the villages of Sumduwa, Sepla and Hanke. The convenient access is by air to Juphal airstrip, which is at 4 hours away from Dunai, the district headquarters of Dolpa. There are regular flights to Dunai from Nepalgunj.
Day 01: Arrival day in Kathmandu (1,300m)
Day 02: Kathmandu valley sightseeing option & trek preparation
Day 03: Fly from Kathmandu to Nepalgunj & transfer to Hotel
Day 04: Fly from Nepalgunj to Juphal (Dolpo), trek to Dunai (2,850m)
Day 05: Trek to Tarakot (2,850m), 5-6 hrs walk
Day 06: Trek to Khani Gaon (2,543m), 3-4 hrs walks
Day 07: Trek to Tarap Khola (3,450m), 4-5 hrs walks
Day 08: Trek to Yak Kharka (3800m), 4-5 hrs walk
Day 09: Trek to Dho Tarap (4,090m), 5-6 hrs walks
Day 10: Rest Day at Dho Tarap for acclimatization
Day 11: Trek to Tokyu Gaun (4200m), 5-6 hrs walk
Day 12: Trek below Numala pass (4665m), 4-5 hrs walk
Day 13: Cross Numala (5,190m), and camp at Phedi , 6-7 hrs walk
Day 14: Trek and cross Baga La (5,070m) and camp, 5-6 hrs walk
Day 15: Trek to Ringmo (3,600m), 6-7 hrs walk
Day 16: Rest Day at Ringmo & for a hike to Phoksundo Lake (3730m)
Day 17: Trek to Pungmo village (3170m), 4-5 hrs walk
Day 18: Trek below Kagmara La, 5-6 hrs walk
Day 19: Cross the Kagmara-la (5,115m), 4-5 hrs walk
Day 20: Trek to Hurikot village (3600m), 5-6 hrs walk
Day 21: Trek to Chaurikot(3060m), 5-6 hrs walk
Day 22: Trek to Chorte Gompa (3200m), 5-6hrs walk
Day 23: Trek to Gothi Chaur (2,700m), 4-5 hrs walk
Day 24: Trek to Jumla (2,370m), 6-7 hrs walk
Day 25: Fly from Jumla to Kathmandu with brief stop at Nepalgunj
Day 26: Leisure at Kathmandu
Day 27: Departure from Kathmandu.
Note: The Conditions stated in mentioned itinerary are applicable only for those visitors who choose the complete package. At the same time we also serve you based on your choice. The selection of itineraries and the staff depends on your choice and financial procurement. We provide options on service and itinerary as per your requirements and interest.
Destination: Numala (5,190 Meter)
Group Size: Min - 2
Maximum altitude: 5,190 Meter
Season : Spring & Autumn
Accommodation : Camping
Duration: 27 Days
- An unexplored trekking destination in far west of Nepal
- Unspoiled trans-Himalayan culture, Buddhist monuments, unique human civilization at high altitude
- Rain shadow landscapes with eye-catching mountain views and wild flora and fauna
- Shey-Phoksundo National Park
- Well-preserved eco-system of plants and wildlife
- Phoksumdo Gompa – dedicated to the ancient Bonpo religion
- Shooting place of Caravan, the famous film nominated for Osacar Award directed by Eric Valli
- Homeland of the Spotted Leopard, Blue Sheep, wolves
- Best one who wants to face the full challenge of the Himalayan wilderness.
The price includes
- Accommodation in three star category hotel as per the itinerary in the cities
- Three meals a day (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner) with hot beverage and snacks whilst on trekking.
- Cozy guesthouse accommodation whilst on trekking as per the itinerary.
- Shey Phoksundu National Park entry permit fee, TIMS card fee, Controlled area permit from Department of Immigration for lower Dolpa
- Trekkers Information Management System (TIMS) registration card
- An experienced fluent English speaking guide, licensed by ministry of Culture, Tourism & Civil Aviation.
- Highly experienced well equipped trekking support staff (porter).
- Staff food, accommodation, clothing, salary & insurance.
- All necessary ground transportation as per the itinerary
- Airport transfers during the whole trip as per the itinerary
- Farewell dinner in Kathmandu at typical Nepali restaurant.
The price does not include
- International Airfare, visa fees and re-entry visa fees if applicable
- Meals at Kathmandu and any other cities except mentioned.
- Personal nature expenses like bar bills, beverage bills, telephone bills, laundry etc.
- Your Travel Insurance and rescue evacuation, medical costs.
- Gratitude (tip) for staff.
Me and my Family did a journey in Nepal on 2014. During this time Nimanuru was our guide. We started for a trek in the Annapurna area for 12 days. Because we had such an amazing time there with Nepal Holiday and team, because of team excellent hospitality and organization, we also asked them to join us for the other excursions. We planned to do in the Chitwan National Parks safari, Kathmandu Valley tour, and Mountain Flight. I am sure one day we will go back to Nepal to do another trek again with Nepal Holiday Trek and Expedition so if you need a professional and friendly guide that knows everything about trekking, mountains and wildlife, Nepal Holiday Trek is your guys!!!
FOR MORE TESTIMONIALS PLEASE VISIT OUR TRIPADVISOR PAGE AT: https://goo.gl/YWZkgH