The region of Tibetan influence north of Kagbeni Village is generally referred to as Upper Mustang. The ancient Kingdom of Mustang – the capital Lo- Manthang was attached to Tibet in the 14th century. Although it retained its identity as an autonomous dynasty throughout the centuries - is a walled city with their own present King – Jigme Prabal Bista and the people still remain predominantly Tibetan. Still somewhat restricted (special permits are required) the trek to Lo-Manthang (3730 m) refers to the arid Tibet-like region at the northern end of Kali Gandaki. The trek to Lo- Manthang is through an almost treeless barren landscape. Strong winds usually bowl across the area in the afternoon, generally subsiding at night. Annexed by Nepal in 17 century, but untouched by the outside world or the Chinese Cultural revolution, 14th century monasteries still remain active to preserve this magnificent Trans-Himalayan kingdom, with their unrivalled Buddhist shrines with cliff hanging monasteries, Thankas, Mandalas and deities and cave dwelling people. In this wild lunar landscape of unreal color and beauty, ruggedly carved mountains reach up to deep blue skies, while icy peaks glimmer majestically to the south. Trekking to Mustang is a journey beyond the Himalaya, a journey to one of the most remote kingdoms on earth. Starting at Jomsom in the Kali Gandaki valley, the trek passes through a barren, desolate landscape carved deep by cayons, until the walled capital city of Lo Monthang is reached. Filled by a maze of narrow lanes and streets, the city presents a medieval setting with its ancient place, monasteries, and temples. This is an amazing experience that allows one to step back in time.
Day 01: Arrive in Kathmandu, transfer to Hotel and welcome dinner in the evening.
Day 02: Full day Guided sightseeing in Kathmandu valley Option and trekking prepration.
Day 03: By Bus: Kathmandu to Pokhara (820m, 6 hrs) and transfer to Hotel in Pokhara
Day 04: By Plane: Pokhara to Jomsom and trek to Kagbeni (2800m, 4hrs)
Day 05: Kagbeni to Chele (3060m, 6hrs
Day 06: Chele to Geling (3570m, 7hrs
Day 07: Geling to Charang/Tsarang (3580m, 7hrs)
Day 08: Charang to Lo-Manthang (3900m, 5hrs)
Day 09: Explore Lo-Manthang
Day 10: Lo-Manthang to Yara (3600m, 6hrs)
Day 11: Explore to Lori Gompa and the rest of the day will be free.
Day 12: Yara to Tange (3240m, 7hrs)
Day 13: Tange to Tetang (3040m)
Day 14: Tetang to Muktinath (3700m)
Day 15: Muktinath to Jomsom (2750m, 6hrs)
Day 16: By Plane: Jomsom to Pokhara (820m) & transfer to Hotel in Pokhara
Day 17: By Plane: Pokhara to Kathmandu (1334m) and transfer to hotel in Kathmandu
Day 18: Free day in Kathmandu for shopping and other activities
Day 19: Departure on your own destination.
Note: The Conditions stated in mentioned itinerary are applicable only for those visitors who choose the complete package. At the same time we also serve you based on your choice. The selection of itineraries and the staff depends on your choice and financial procurement. We provide options on service and itinerary as per your requirements and interest.
Destination: Lo-Manthang (3730m)
Group Size: Min - 2
Maximum altitude: 3730 Meter
Season: Spring & Autumn
Accommodation: Hotel and Lodge
Duration: 19 Days
- Beautiful himalayan sights: Dhaulagiri, Nilgiri, Annapurna Himalaya range, Fishtail, Hiunchuli & Lamjung Himal.
- Splendid breathtaking place: Mustang beautiful landscape & panoramic Himalayan scenery of Annapurna Himalaya range, Dhaulagiri, Nilgiri & Fishtail mountain.
The price includes
- Accommodation in three star category hotel as per the itinerary in the cities
- Three meals a day (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner) with hot beverage and snacks whilst on trekking.
- Cozy guesthouse accommodation whilst on trekking as per the itinerary.
- Annapurna Conservation Area Project, Controlled area permit from Department of Immigration for lower Dolpa
- Trekkers Information Management System (TIMS) registration card
- An experienced fluent English speaking guide, licensed by ministry of Culture, Tourism & Civil Aviation.
- Highly experienced well equipped trekking support staff (porter).
- Staff food, accommodation, clothing, salary & insurance.
- All necessary ground transportation as per the itinerary
- Airport transfers during the whole trip as per the itinerary
- Farewell dinner in Kathmandu at typical Nepali restaurant.
The price does not include
- International Airfare, visa fees and re-entry visa fees if applicable
- Meals at Kathmandu and any other cities except mentioned.
- Personal nature expenses like bar bills, beverage bills, telephone bills, laundry etc.
- Your Travel Insurance and rescue evacuation, medical costs.
- Gratitude (tip) for staff.
Me and my Family did a journey in Nepal on 2014. During this time Nimanuru was our guide. We started for a trek in the Annapurna area for 12 days. Because we had such an amazing time there with Nepal Holiday and team, because of team excellent hospitality and organization, we also asked them to join us for the other excursions. We planned to do in the Chitwan National Parks safari, Kathmandu Valley tour, and Mountain Flight. I am sure one day we will go back to Nepal to do another trek again with Nepal Holiday Trek and Expedition so if you need a professional and friendly guide that knows everything about trekking, mountains and wildlife, Nepal Holiday Trek is your guys!!!
FOR MORE TESTIMONIALS PLEASE VISIT OUR TRIPADVISOR PAGE AT: https://goo.gl/YWZkgH