Makalu is the 5th Highest mountain in the world and this is near by the top of the world (Everest). Makalu region is blessed with an incredible diversity of natural beauty and culture.
Due to its isolation and lack of tea houses this area still receives few trekkers. Sherpa, Rai and Limbus are the main habitants of the region.. Walking north of the Arun river to Sedua and Nun, then crossing Barun La(4110m.) into the upper Barun Khola valley for a close look at Makalu(8463m).The second part of the trek is very difficult and almost impossible without previous experience This mainly low altitude trek is centered on the Arun Valley, in eastern Nepal. The sub-tropical valley floor of the mighty Arun River is in places densely forested, contrasting with the terraced slopes higher up, which are farmed by villagers of diverse tribal groups. High pastures typify the upper slopes, which border on the Makalu-Barun National Park, an important conservation area for many threatened species. The trails rise from 850 metersto 5000 meters above sea level.
Day 01: Arrive at Tribhuwan International Airport (TIA) Kathmandu, transferre to hotel.
Day 02: Trek preparation and Kathmandu Valley Sightseeing Tour
Sightseeing of world heritage sites in Kathmandu valley including, Kathmandu Darbar square, Swayambhunath, Boudhanath Stupa & Pashupatinath Temple. Overnight in hotel.
Day 03: Flight to Tumlingtar from Kathmandu trek to Khadbari, 870m.
Day 04: Trek to Chicila/Gagune 1830m.
Day 05: Trek to Num 1,490 m.Camp.
Day 06: Trek to Sedua 1,460 m.Camp.
Day 07: Trek to Tashi Gaon, 2070m.Camp.
Day 08: Trek to Khonma (3470m.camp.
Day 09: Trek to Mubuk/Jaite 3570 m.Camp.
Day 10: Trek to Nhe Kharka, 3000m.Camp.
Day 11: Trek to Sherson, 4615m.Camp.
Day 12: Trek to Makalu Base Camp, 5015m.
Day 13: Rest and exploration day if everything remains ok with all crew.
Day 14: Trek to Nhe Kharka 3000m.Camp.
Day 15: Trek to Mumbuk, 3570m. Camp.
Day 16: Trek to Tashigaon 2070m. Camp.
Day 17: Trek to Pukuwa, 1535m.Camp.
Day 18: Trek to Bumling, 1165m.Camp.
Day 19: Trek to Tumlingtar, 860m. Camp.
Day 20: Fly back to Kathmandu.
Day 21: Visit Bhaktapur and Patan, an ancient kingdom, traditional dinner in the evening.
Day 22: Final departure to your onward destination.
Note: The Conditions stated in mentioned itinerary are applicable only for those visitors who choose the complete package. At the same time we also serve you based on your choice. The selection of itineraries and the staff depends on your choice and financial procurement. We provide options on service and itinerary as per your requirements and interest.
Destination : Makalu Base Camp
Group Size : Min - 1
Maximum altitude : 5,015 Meter
Grade : Strenuous
Season : Spring & Autumn
Accommodation : Hotel and Lodge
Duration : 22 Days
Entry : Tumlingtar
Exit : Tumlingtar
- Experience the real Tibetan life
- Explore ancient Buddhist monastery and primitive life - Visit hidden kingdom.
The price includes
- Accommodation in three star category hotel as per the itinerary in the cities
- Three meals a day (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner) with hot beverage and snacks whilst on trekking.
- Cozy guesthouse accommodation whilst on trekking as per the itinerary.
- All necessary government and local permits, National Park entry fees
- Trekkers Information Management System (TIMS) registration card
- An experienced fluent English speaking guide, licensed by ministry of Culture, Tourism & Civil Aviation.
- Highly experienced well equipped trekking support staff (porter).
- Staff food, accommodation, clothing, salary & insurance.
- All necessary ground transportation as per the itinerary
- Airport transfers during the whole trip as per the itinerary
- Farewell dinner in Kathmandu at typical Nepali restaurant.
The price does not include
- International Airfare, visa fees and re-entry visa fees if applicable
- Meals at Kathmandu and any other cities except mentioned.
- Personal nature expenses like bar bills, beverage bills, telephone bills, laundry etc.
- Your Travel Insurance and rescue evacuation, medical costs.
- Gratitude (tip) for staff.
Me and my Family did a journey in Nepal on 2014. During this time Nimanuru was our guide. We started for a trek in the Annapurna area for 12 days. Because we had such an amazing time there with Nepal Holiday and team, because of team excellent hospitality and organization, we also asked them to join us for the other excursions. We planned to do in the Chitwan National Parks safari, Kathmandu Valley tour, and Mountain Flight. I am sure one day we will go back to Nepal to do another trek again with Nepal Holiday Trek and Expedition so if you need a professional and friendly guide that knows everything about trekking, mountains and wildlife, Nepal Holiday Trek is your guys!!!
FOR MORE TESTIMONIALS PLEASE VISIT OUR TRIPADVISOR PAGE AT: https://goo.gl/YWZkgH