Trekking Lower Dolpo is also setting up an appointment with the extraordinary landscape and Himalayas of the Dolpo region. Dolpo area is rich in culture and tradition including the natural beauties of deepest Himalayan Lakes like the Phokhsundo, varied flora and fauna. Lower Dolpo region spreads more north from the Dhaulagiri mountain range in the rain shadow area made by the big walls of the Himalayas. The land reflects in the colorful barren slopes of the mountains where the light and shadow keeps on playing creating something like an eternal theater. During summer, the caravans of yaks and sheep pass this valley on a trade route that makes trade possible between Nepal and Tibetan Plateau for the exchange of goods.
Day 01: Arrive in Kathmandu, transfer to Hotel and welcome dinner
Day 02: Full day sightseeing in Kathmandu on option and preparation for trek.
Day 03: By Plane: Kathmandu to Nepalgunj and transfer to hotel
Day 04: By Plane: Nepalgunj to Juphal (2475m). Trek to Dunai (2140m)
Day 05: Dunai to Tarakot (2537m)
Day 06: Tarakot to Lahini or Laisicap (2800m)
Day 07: Lahini to Tarap Khola (3350m)
Day 08: Tarap Khola to Tarap Khola II (3650m)
Day 09: Tarap Khola II to Lang Khola (3950m)
Day 10: Lang Khola to Dho or Do (4100m)
Day 11: Dho to Num la Phedi (4400m)
Day 12: Num la Phedi to Num la Pass (5238m). Trek to Baga la Phedi or Danigar (4500m)
Day 13: Baga la Phedi to Baga la Pass (5214m). Trek to Yak Kharka (3982m)
Day 14: Yak Kharka to Phoksundo Lake (3820m)
Day 15: Excursion Phoksundo Lake
Day 16: Phoksundo Lake to Rechi (2940m)
Day 17: Rechi to Chhepka (2838m)
Day 18: Chhepka to Dunai (2140m)
Day 19: Dunai to Juphal.
Day 20: By plane: Juphal to Nepalgunj and back to Kathmandu by plane from Nepalgunj
Day 21: Free day in Kathmandu
Day 22: Departure on your own destination.
Note: The Conditions stated in mentioned itinerary are applicable only for those visitors who choose the complete package. At the same time we also serve you based on your choice. The selection of itineraries and the staff depends on your choice and financial procurement. We provide options on service and itinerary as per your requirements and interest.
Destination: Phoksundo Lake (3730 Meter)
Group Size: Min - 2
Maximum altitude: 3730 Meter
Season: Spring & Autumn
Accommodation: Camping And Lodge
Duration: 22 Days
- An unexplored trekking destination in far west of Nepal
- Unspoiled trans-Himalayan culture, Buddhist monuments, unique human civilization at high altitude
- Rain shadow landscapes with eye-catching mountain views and wild flora and fauna
- Shey-Phoksundo National Park
- Well-preserved eco-system of plants and wildlife
- Phoksumdo Gompa – dedicated to the ancient Bonpo religion
- Shooting place of Caravan, the famous film nominated for Osacar Award directed by Eric Valli
- Homeland of the Spotted Leopard, Blue Sheep, wolves
- Best one who wants to face the full challenge of the Himalayan wilderness
The price includes
- Accommodation in three star category hotel as per the itinerary in the cities
- Three meals a day (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner) with hot beverage and snacks whilst on trekking.
- Cozy guesthouse accommodation whilst on trekking as per the itinerary.
- Shey Phoksundu National Park entry permit fee, TIMS card fee, Controlled area permit from Department of Immigration for lower Dolpa
- Trekkers Information Management System (TIMS) registration card
- An experienced fluent English speaking guide, licensed by ministry of Culture, Tourism & Civil Aviation.
- Highly experienced well equipped trekking support staff (porter).
- Staff food, accommodation, clothing, salary & insurance.
- All necessary ground transportation as per the itinerary
- Airport transfers during the whole trip as per the itinerary
- Farewell dinner in Kathmandu at typical Nepali restaurant.
The price does not include
- International Airfare, visa fees and re-entry visa fees if applicable
- Meals at Kathmandu and any other cities except mentioned.
- Personal nature expenses like bar bills, beverage bills, telephone bills, laundry etc.
- Your Travel Insurance and rescue evacuation, medical costs.
- Gratitude (tip) for staff.
Me and my Family did a journey in Nepal on 2014. During this time Nimanuru was our guide. We started for a trek in the Annapurna area for 12 days. Because we had such an amazing time there with Nepal Holiday and team, because of team excellent hospitality and organization, we also asked them to join us for the other excursions. We planned to do in the Chitwan National Parks safari, Kathmandu Valley tour, and Mountain Flight. I am sure one day we will go back to Nepal to do another trek again with Nepal Holiday Trek and Expedition so if you need a professional and friendly guide that knows everything about trekking, mountains and wildlife, Nepal Holiday Trek is your guys!!!
FOR MORE TESTIMONIALS PLEASE VISIT OUR TRIPADVISOR PAGE AT: https://goo.gl/YWZkgH