Dhaulagiri trek lies in the western region of Nepal beyond the Annapurna region. It is a challenging and most rewarding trek with great massif of Mt. Dhaulagiri (8,167m) the 7th highest peak of the world. Trekking in the deep valleys into the Dhaulagiri Himal to the Italian Base Camp and Dhaulagiri north base camp offers a wonderful view of gigantic north face of Dhaulagiri I. The trek goes through big challenging mountain passes, crossing over French pass (5360 meter) and Thapa Pass (5200 meter) providing more spectacular views of Dhaulagiri, Thorong peak, Annapurna Ranges and Kali Gandaki River; the world deepest gorge. Trekker walk through cultivated fields connected in the lower parts and to some of the mountain villages while enjoying the shops, teahouses, and lifestyle of the Gurung, Chhetri, and Magar people. During these days you will walk along cobblestone paths, over suspension bridges and through dense forests, enjoying the vistas of some of the world’s most beautiful mountains.
Day 01: Arrive in Kathmandu, transfer to Hotel and briefing about trip
Day 02: Full day sightseeing Kathmandu valley Option, preparation for trekking.
Day 03: By Bus: Kathmandu – Beni (853m, 10 hours).
Day 04: Beni - Babichaur (1950m, 5hours)
Day 05: Babichoaur – Dharapani Phedi (1250m, 4 hours)
Day 06: Dharapani Phedi – Sibang (1780m, 6 hours)
Day 07: Sibang – Muri (1840m, 6 hours)
Day 08: Dobang – Bagar (2080m, 5 hours)
Day 09: Bagar – Dobang (2520m, 6 hours)
Day 10: Dovan – Sallaghari (3070m, 5 hours)
Day 11: Sallaghari – Italian Base Camp (3660m, 4 hours)
Day 12: Acclimatization in Italian Base Camp
Day 13: Italian Base Camp – Japanese Base Camp (3900m, 4hrs)
Day 14: Japanese Base Camp – Dhaulagiri Base Camp (47480m, 4 hours)
Day 15: Dhaulagiri Base Camp – French Pass (5360m) – French Phedi (5080m, 7 hours)
Day 16: French Phedi – Thapa Pass (5250m) – Kalopani (4930m, 7 hours)
Day 17: Kalopani – Jomsom (2740m, 6 hours)
Day 18: By Plane: Jomsom – Pokhara. Half day sightseeing in Pokhara.
Day 19: By Plane: Pokhara – Kathmandu.
Day 20: Free day in Kathmandu for shopping and other activities.
Day 21: Departure on your own destination.
Note: The Conditions stated in mentioned itinerary are applicable only for those visitors who choose the complete package. At the same time we also serve you based on your choice. The selection of itineraries and the staff depends on your choice and financial procurement. We provide options on service and itinerary as per your requirements and interest.
Trek Start: Beni
Trek End: Nayapul
Grade: Moderate / Difficult
Trek start Elevation: 770 m.
Highest Elevation: 5360 m.
Group Size: Minimum 2 People
Best time: September, October, November, February, March, April
Mode of Trek: Teahouse/Tent
Trek Duration: 21 days
- Rewarding trekking trail for adventure lovers
- Rivers, ferns and forests of oak and others deciduous trees and rhododendron forest
- Breathtaking views of the Dhaulagiri and Annapurna mountain Range
- Two challenging mountain passes: French pass (5240m.) and Thapa Pass (5150 m)
- Abundant alpine flowers on the trail Warm hospitality and unique culture of ethnic people like Thakali
The price includes
- Accommodation in three star category hotel as per the itinerary in the cities
- Three meals a day (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner) with hot beverage and snacks whilst on trekking.
- Cozy guesthouse accommodation whilst on trekking as per the itinerary.
- All necessary government and local permits, National Park entry fees
- Trekkers Information Management System (TIMS) registration card
- An experienced fluent English speaking guide, licensed by ministry of Culture, Tourism & Civil Aviation.
- Highly experienced well equipped trekking support staff (porter).
- Staff food, accommodation, clothing, salary & insurance.
- All necessary ground transportation as per the itinerary
- Airport transfers during the whole trip as per the itinerary
- Farewell dinner in Kathmandu at typical Nepali restaurant.
The price does not include
- International Airfare, visa fees and re-entry visa fees if applicable
- Meals at Kathmandu and any other cities except mentioned.
- Personal nature expenses like bar bills, beverage bills, telephone bills, laundry etc.
- Your Travel Insurance and rescue evacuation, medical costs.
- Gratitude (tip) for staff.
Me and my Family did a journey in Nepal on 2014. During this time Nimanuru was our guide. We started for a trek in the Annapurna area for 12 days. Because we had such an amazing time there with Nepal Holiday and team, because of team excellent hospitality and organization, we also asked them to join us for the other excursions. We planned to do in the Chitwan National Parks safari, Kathmandu Valley tour, and Mountain Flight. I am sure one day we will go back to Nepal to do another trek again with Nepal Holiday Trek and Expedition so if you need a professional and friendly guide that knows everything about trekking, mountains and wildlife, Nepal Holiday Trek is your guys!!!
FOR MORE TESTIMONIALS PLEASE VISIT OUR TRIPADVISOR PAGE AT: https://goo.gl/YWZkgH