The Jomsom Muktinath trek, takes you from Pokhara through the valley of the Kali Gandaki River to the pilgrim site of Muktinath. It's a part of the Annapurna Circuit trek as well.
The physical beauty along the Jomsom - Muktinath trek is breathtaking. The scenery of the trail ranges from forests of brilliant red rhododendrons to rocky cliffs and desert of Mustang. The trail follows the Kali Gandaki River. This river forms the largest gorge in the world, on one side lies the Annapurna mountain range and on the other side is Dhaulagiri. Between the two ranges, there are views of 8 of the 20 highest mountains in the world.
You can find fossils in the banks of Kali Gandaki River which is the sacred rocks for Hindus to pray. The culture among the trail is rich (mixture of Hindu and Tibetan Buddhism). The trail weaves through the Lower Mustang region of Nepal, ending at the village of Kagbeni, a Tibetan influenced village filled with prayer wheels, chortens and a Buddhist monastery. The trail's highest point is Muktinath at 3800 mtr, a holy site of temples sacred to both Buddhists and Hindus for centuries.
Day 01: Meeting upon arrival at Kathmandu International Airport.
Day 02: Drive to Pokhara (6/7hour): by tourist bus (Option private vehicle / flight on booking), overnight at Hotel.
Day 03: An early morning fly to Jomsom for 25 to 30 minutes then trek to Kagbeni (2,840m.), overnight at guest house.
Day 04: Trek to Muktinath (3,800m.), overnight at guest house.
Day 05: Trek to Marpha (2,665m.), via Jomsom overnight at guest house.
Day 06: Trek to Ghasa (2,080m.), overnight at guest house.
Day 07: Trek to Tatopani /Natural Hot spring (1,179m.), overnight at guest house.
Day 08: Trek to Ghorepani (2856 m.), overnight at guest house.
Day 09: Hike to Poon hill (3210m.) early in the morning then trek to Tadapani (2650 m.), overnight at guest house.
Day 10: Trek to Ghandruk (1960m.), overnight at guest house.
Day 11: Trek to Nayapul (1070m.), drive back to Pokhara, overnight at Hotel.
Day 12: Drive back to Kathmandu, overnight at Hotel.
Day 13: Transfer to the airport for international flight.
Note: The Conditions stated in mentioned itinerary are applicable only for those visitors who choose the complete package. At the same time we also serve you based on your choice. The selection of itineraries and the staff depends on your choice and financial procurement. We provide options on service and itinerary as per your requirements and interest.
Destination : Muktinath
Group Size : Min - 1
Maximum altitude : 3,795 Meter
Grade : Easy
Season : Spring & Autumn
Accommodation : Hotel and Lodge
Duration : 13 Days
Entry : Pokhara
Exit : Pokhara
- The Jomsom Muktintah trek is a spectacular trek with close up view of the Annapurna, Nilgiri and Dhaulagiri peaks of mid western Nepal.
- The Hindu and Buddhist cultural attaction, follow the ancient trade route of India to Tibet and deepest george in the world the Kaligandaki valley with the pligrimage to the god of salvesation Muktinath.
- Sunrise and mountains view from Poonhill, hot spring at Jhinudanda.
The price includes.
- Accommodation in three star category hotel as per the itinerary in the cities
- Three meals a day (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner) with hot beverage and snacks whilst on trekking.
- Cozy guesthouse accommodation whilst on trekking as per the itinerary.
- All necessary government and local permits, National Park entry fees
- Trekkers Information Management System (TIMS) registration card
- An experienced fluent English speaking guide, licensed by ministry of Culture, Tourism & Civil Aviation.
- Highly experienced well equipped trekking support staff (porter).
- Staff food, accommodation, clothing, salary & insurance.
- All necessary ground transportation as per the itinerary
- Airport transfers during the whole trip as per the itinerary
- Farewell dinner in Kathmandu at typical Nepali restaurant.
The price does not include.
- International Airfare, visa fees and re-entry visa fees if applicable
- Meals at Kathmandu and any other cities except mentioned.
- Personal nature expenses like bar bills, beverage bills, telephone bills, laundry etc.
- Your Travel Insurance and rescue evacuation, medical costs.
- Gratitude (tip) for staff.
Me and my Family did a journey in Nepal on 2014. During this time Nimanuru was our guide. We started for a trek in the Annapurna area for 12 days. Because we had such an amazing time there with Nepal Holiday and team, because of team excellent hospitality and organization, we also asked them to join us for the other excursions. We planned to do in the Chitwan National Parks safari, Kathmandu Valley tour, and Mountain Flight. I am sure one day we will go back to Nepal to do another trek again with Nepal Holiday Trek and Expedition so if you need a professional and friendly guide that knows everything about trekking, mountains and wildlife, Nepal Holiday Trek is your guys!!!
FOR MORE TESTIMONIALS PLEASE VISIT OUR TRIPADVISOR PAGE AT: https://goo.gl/YWZkgH