Thapa / Dhampus Peak is situated in the Dhaualagiri region the northern side of the wildest valley of Nepal (hidden valley) and along with Kaligandaki River flow its bottom. It is an interesting peak for climbers in the North-East of the big Dhaulagiri massif. It is an easy trekking peak to ascent for climbers. The overwhelming altitude differences between the Annapurna and Dhaulagiri ranges make Dhampus Peak a very exposed spot to observe the scenery from. Having Tukuche Peak (6920m) and Dhaulagiri (8167m) spectacularly near you enjoy the feeling of being part of the extreme altitudes of the Himalayas. This peak provides you more than thirty mountains views like Dhaulagiri I (8163m), Sita Chuchura (6611m), Nilgiri (6940m), Tukche Peak (6920m), Tilicho peak (7134m), Thorong Peak (6484m), Yakawa Kan (6482m), Puth Hiunchuli (7246m), Mukut Himal (6639m), Tangu Peak (6197m), Hongde peak (6556m), Tsarste (6347m) and more snow capped mountains and as well as Dhaulagiri glacier and deepest gorge of the world.
Day 01: Arrival at Tribhuvan International Airport and transfer to Hotel.
Day 02: Sightseeing around Kathmandu Valley on Option.
Day 03: Drive to Pokhara, by bus/car/van
Day 04: Drive to Nayapul (1070m) & trek to Tikhedhunga (1480m.)
Day 05: Trek to Ghorepani (2800m)
Day 06: Sun rise Poon hill (3200m) & trek to Tatopani (1190m)
Day 07: Trek to Ghasa (2010m)
Day 08: Trek to Larjung (2550m)
Day 09: Trek to Marpha (2670m)
Day 10: Trek to Yak Kharka (3680m)
Day 11: Trek to Dhampus Base Camp (5100m)
Day 12: Trek to High Camp (5600m)
Day 13: Summit Dhampus Peak (6012m) & back to Base Camp
Day 14: Explore Base Camp
Day 15: Trek to Yak Kharka (3680m)
Day 16: Trek to Marpha (2670m)
Day 17: Trek to Jomsom (2710m)
Day 18: Morning flight to Pokhara & Sightseeing Pokhara
Day 19: Drive to Kathmandu by bus/car/van
Day 20: Free day at Kathmandu Valley
Day 21: Departure on your won destination..
Note: The Conditions stated in mentioned itinerary are applicable only for those visitors who choose the complete package. At the same time we also serve you based on your choice. The selection of itineraries and the staff depends on your choice and financial procurement. We provide options on service and itinerary as per your requirements and interest.
Destination: Dhampus(Thapa) Expedition
Group Size: Min - 1
Maximum altitude: 6012m.
Season: Spring & Autumn
Accommodation: Hotel/ Tented Camp
Duration: 21 Day
The price includes
- Airport transfers (both domestic and international)
- 4 nights hotel accommodation at Hotel Yak and Yeti or similar with breakfast.
- Climbing Permit for Mt Dhampus/Thapa Peak and ACAP entry permit fee.
- Food & Fuel during the trek and expedition period.
- North Face or similar quality high altitude tent for higher camps
- Single tent for each member, staff and climbing Sherpa at the base camp.
- Staff: Base camp Guide, Cook, Cook helper.
- Porters/Yaks to and from base camp.
- One high altitude Sherpa for one climber (1:1) who assist in climbing and summit attempt as well as carries food and gears to high camps.
- Allowance and flight fares.
- Flight fare for member and staff (Jomsom-Pokhara).
- Insurance, equipment allowance, wages and daily allowance for expedition staff.
- Expert climbing Guide and porter
- All camping equipments: sleeping tents, mattress, dining tent, toilet tent, mess tent, store tent, table & chairs and other necessary kitchen utensils whilst on trekking and expedition.
- Group climbing equipment such as necessary fixed rope, ice screws, ice bars etc.
- First Aid kit bag, trekking map & duffel bag.
- Satellite phone (Pay Call).
- Mountain cans cleaning at high camps.
- Cargo transportation to supply the food and gears to BC and back
- All ground transportation
- Necessary documentation and governmental official procedures.
- All applicable taxes as per the government rules and regulations.
The price does not include
- Personal climbing gears.
- Extra hotel stays in Kathmandu (after 4 nights).
- Personal climbing insurance which covers travel, medical, accident, evacuation etc.
- Lunch & dinner in Kathmandu.
- Visa Fee.
- Personal trekking Equipment, travel and medical insurance & helicopter rescue, personal expenses.
- Emergency Rescue evacuation by helicopter.
- Applicable permit fees and custom charges for using communication equipment, commercial filming, satellite phone, radio etc.
- Carrying bonus + Summit bonus for climbing Sherpa
- Personal expenses such as laundry, telephone, e-mail, etc.
- Bar and beverage bills.
- Custom clearances in Kathmandu International airport.
- Gratitude (tip) for the staff etc.
Me and my Family did a journey in Nepal on 2014. During this time Nimanuru was our guide. We started for a trek in the Annapurna area for 12 days. Because we had such an amazing time there with Nepal Holiday and team, because of team excellent hospitality and organization, we also asked them to join us for the other excursions. We planned to do in the Chitwan National Parks safari, Kathmandu Valley tour, and Mountain Flight. I am sure one day we will go back to Nepal to do another trek again with Nepal Holiday Trek and Expedition so if you need a professional and friendly guide that knows everything about trekking, mountains and wildlife, Nepal Holiday Trek is your guys!!!
FOR MORE TESTIMONIALS PLEASE VISIT OUR TRIPADVISOR PAGE AT: https://goo.gl/YWZkgH